- Detailed maps and itineraries complement trip descriptions that tell you what you’ll find along the route.
- This is the perfect companion for any leaf-peeping excursion.
This guide details 25 of the best scenic tours during fall foliage season in New England. Trips vary from short drives on the coast to all-day excursions in the region’s mountains and forests. In addition, sidebars suggest short walks and hikes that are great diversions when a little leg-stretching is required. Drives include:
- A Covered Bridge Tour of Southwestern New Hampshire
- The Southern Berkshires: Hay Fields, Waterfalls, and Cobbles
- Rhode Island’s Beaches and Mansions: Westerly to Newport
- Connecticut River Tour
- Maine’s Big Woods: The Kennebec Valley and Moosehead Lake
Experience the inimitable sights of autumn in New England, and leave no leaf unturned!
90 color photographs and 25 maps